The moon is full, my skin is tingly, and I can feel the change coming on, so it MUST be time for a new episode of CINEPUNX!!!!
Our MONTH OF HORROR continues as we sit down with host of the HORROR BUSINESS podcast, scene stalwart, and internet sensation Justin Lore!! Justin is a big fan of werewolf films and was excited to come on the show and discuss them with us. We were also joined by Cinepunx regular Evan Vellela! You may know Evan from multiple episodes, some of our favorites in fact, as well as our many flyers which he designs exclusively.
OH MAN WHAT A FUN CAST OF CHARACTERS WE ARE!!!
It was not long into our conversation before wackiness ensued. Some highlights
- Josh makes the bold claim that cannibal films are not only racist, but the people who love them are as well. Justin agrees, perhaps a bit TOO easily, while I attempt to salvage the good will of our cannibal loving audience. Of course, I am mostly just hoping for that Eli Roth cash in some day. So sick.
- I also say a bunch of stuff that I think is factually incorrect about the Fabio Frizzi show, like capacity and songs played
- Lore really loves werewolf movies. Evan really likes AMENDMENT 18
- I suggest the real problem with werewolf movies is related to special effects
- Evan tells a story where he ACTUALLY says 14th street, but anyone from Philly knows that is NOT a thing.
- Josh says Thriller is the best werewolf movie ever
- Josh also says that werewolf movies are ALWAYS better than vampire movies, and I and Justin lose our collective shit. Evan doesn’t really care.
We invite feedback on two things-
- CANNIBAL MOVIES, DO YOU LIKE THEM?
- ARE WEREWOLF MOVIES ALWAYS BETTER THAN VAMPIRE MOVIES? WHAT ABOUT AS A WHOLE? WHAT ABOUT JOSH IS A CRAZY PERSON WHO DOESN’T LIKE FRIGHT NIGHT!
Thanks so much to everyone who watched the PERISCOPE feed, it is a fun thing we are trying when we record. This episode was a lot of fun to record, and we are so glad Justin and Evan could be with us.
sounded great. right? right.
PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS, AND MAYBE COMMENT, AND MAYBE SUBSCRIBE??
Latest posts by Liam O'Donnell (see all)
- CINEPUNX Episode 105: 2019 YEAR IN REVIEW FEATURING JUSTIN LORE OF HORROR BUSINESS - January 9, 2020
- CINEPUNX Episode 104: ALMODOVAR! (PAIN & GLORY, WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN) - December 30, 2019
- CINEPUNX Episode 103: PARASITE and THE LIGHTHOUSE w/ Adam Cesare and Scott Cole - November 26, 2019